Josef Winkler is founder and managing director of Winkler Energy & Logistics Consulting GmbH. He graduated from Montanuniversität Leoben (Austria) with a master degree in Petroleum Engineering and is fluent in German, English and Italian.
In his nearly 30 years professional career he held several management positions and gained experience in energy trading and procurement companies as well as companies acting as transmission system operators.
Selected projects and activities
- Implementation of ETRM Systems and business processes for End-to-End processing of natural gas contracts (short term and long term) and development of customized gas logistics tool (Scheduling, Nomination, Allocation)
- Negotiation of gas transport and gas storage contracts and operational agreements with gas suppliers and transmission system operators
- Leading of M&A negotiations with developers of underground storage facilities
- Member of different international expert groups responsible for development of transport contracts including relevant term and conditions, TPA Exemption und ITO certification
- Development of gas market access rules, in line with EU regulatory guidelines, for the Swiss gas transport system
- Development of position papers on basic studies for the future and upcoming gas supply law in Switzerland
- Business Development and establishing of mid term and long term energy sales channels in SEE region